In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Patten Free Library

Opening of Carlton Bridge, Bath, Nov. 15, 1927

Contributed by Patten Free Library
MMN Item 27889 Item Details
Opening of Carlton Bridge, Bath, Nov. 15, 1927
MMN Item 27889 Zoom

Description

Abbot postcard photograph of opening of Carlton Bridge. The Carlton Bridge, crossing the Kennebec River from Bath to Woolwich, was constructed in 1927, opened to train traffic on October 24, 1927 and to automobile and pedestrian traffic on November 15, 1927. The bridge was officially dedicated on July 3, 1928. The bridge was named for the State Senator Frank W. Carlton for his efforts in getting the project funded.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.